Curvin-McCabe Elementary School
As a student, I will strive to:
· Believe that I can learn and I will always try my best.
· Attend school daily, on time and prepared.
· Leave school daily with all homework and materials.
· Obey school rules and accept responsibility for my work and behavior.
· Work cooperatively with other students and staff.
· Resolve conflicts peacefully.
· Show respect for my school, other people, and myself.
· Discuss with my parents what I’m learning in school and provide them with all school notices.
· Share my talents and strengths through participation in class or school.
· Seek assistance from my teacher, family members, or peers when needed.
· Encourage my family to take part in school-wide activities.
As a parent, I will strive to:
· Believe my child can learn and achieve high expectations.
· Send my child to school prepared to learn.
· Send my child to school appropriately dressed with adequate food, rest, and care.
· Show respect and support for my child and school by keeping the lines of communication open.
· Support the school in developing positive behaviors in my child.
· Require my child to follow school rules and regulations that ensure a safe, caring, positive learning environment for everyone.
· Promptly sign and return all school correspondence.
· Attend school functions and parent-teacher meetings.
· Check my child’s homework and backpack daily.
· Provide a quite place to work while limiting TV and video games.
· Volunteer at school and support the school community.
· Read to or listen to my child read at least 15 minutes per night.
As a School Community, we will strive to:
· Believe each child can learn and achieve high expectations
· Provide and enriched learning environment
· Present ourselves in a professional manner.
· Respect and value the uniqueness of each student and their family
· Provide purposeful homework which is an integral part of the student’s learning.
· Communicate on a regular basis with parents and students.
· Support all school-wide activities
· Encourage students and their families to be actively involved in all aspects of the school.
· Foster opportunities for families to volunteer in school.